.
Because the St. George area is located between the Rocky Mountains and the desert southwest, it features the distinct landscapes of both. It has forested mountain ranges and high plateaus, along with rugged and starkly beautiful red rock desert.
.
.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Our mountain beauty


Living in a town that is literally surrounded by hills and mountains of all heights, I guess we sometimes can have a tendency to take our mountain beauty for granted.

The other day as I was traveling to the other side of our town heading towards another close neighboring town, the road I was traveling was through the hills...away from any traffic. I neglect sometimes to really take in the beauty that is before my eyes. I love to travel this road as it is always a serene, gorgeous drive with the many different scenes before and surrounding me, of red hills against the side of the road and mountains and other hills in the distance.

We have red soil here and it sure makes for a beautiful landscape against the hills. And the mountains in the distance...so striking with the various layers of hills and other mountains preceding each other in different color contrasts. Definitely a sight to behold!