.
Because the St. George area is located between the Rocky Mountains and the desert southwest, it features the distinct landscapes of both. It has forested mountain ranges and high plateaus, along with rugged and starkly beautiful red rock desert.
.
.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The size and climate of St. George

St. George is a very large city compared to the small country western town where I lived before. We are growing by leaps and bounds as people have discovered the area's great diversity of things to do and places to see. I am not sure of the current population....over 100,000 people and growing each day. We have constant construction of new buildings all the time...both homes and stores. Every store you can imagine!

Not that I like large cities, I really don't. BUT....I do love the dry climate here! And for me, that is the very big plus side of living here. I can't handle very cold, snowy winters. It makes my depression much, much worse. Living here in St. George provides the ideal winters for me. I would say the normal high temperature during winter hovers around 50-65 degrees. The average normal winter lows at night gets around 25-30 degrees (sometimes maybe a touch colder). Our summers DO get a little hotter than most places (110-115 degrees average). But a person gets use to it, and it is really not that bad after awhile.